I Won't Leave Radio - Abeiku Santana

Abeiku Santana has stated that he will continue to work as a radio show host despite declaring his intentions to contest as MP.

  Abeiku Santana 
Aspiring Member of Parliament for the Mfansteman West constituency in the Central Region, Gilbert Aggrey, known as Abeiku Santana has said he is competent enough to run for the position.
His confirmation to stand as an MP led to speculations that he may abandon radio job and stop appearing on air as he would be seen as a biased host.
He has indicated that he would continue his work as a radio show host despite declaring his intention to contest parliamentary primaries.
He said, “I have been a voice and a mouthpiece for the people for the past 18 years. I have been in radio business for 18 years.
I have heard people’s grievances, I have heard people’s concerns and I think there should be a new crop of legislators “I think that if the nominations are open, with the experience that I have had in public service, I will be a right candidate to contest for the national democratic congress in the Mfantseman West constituency.
I have the capability and I have the ability to deliberate, discuss issues that will come to Parliament,” he said.
According to him, “I will still speak for the people despite my political intentions and affiliations. I will continue to be an example for the youth by representing them in Parliament.”
He said “I am a full card bearing NDC member that is why I chose to stand on the ticket of NDC.”
But the intention to contest the NDC primary, he said, would not deter him from criticizing people on radio.
“Ghanaians should learn how to encourage media personalities who have the intention of representing their people in Parliament and stop criticizing us because it won’t help. The composition of Parliament must change and I’m ready to be part of the change…,” he said. Read more Abeiku Santana Eyes Mfantseman West Constituency
He further commended colleague media practitioners who have also declared their intentions to contest on the ticket of other parties including NPP.
“In fact, I’m happy for all my colleagues who have also showed their interest in serving the nation…,” he said.


source: pulse.com.gh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHANAIAN SCHOOL GIRL COMMITS SUICIDE--KINGSLEY LOMOTEY WRITES