BOMBSHELL!!! I Gave Marietta $1m From Judgement Debt Payment - Woyome...But Attorney General Says 'Na Lie'


Alfred Agbesi Woyome, the beleagured National Democratic Congress financier who was recently acquitted and discharged in a 51 million cedis judgment debt scandal, has shockingly revealed that the Attorney-General, Marietta Brew-Oppong, benefitted from the monies given him (Woyome) by the state.

According to Mr Woyome, the Chief Legal Advisor to the President, while in private practice with the law firm firm of Lithur Brew and Co, received not less than $1m from the judgement debt monies illegally paid to him that the A-G "so much criminalize and want me jailed for." 

In a letter/statement signed by My Woyome and read on Asempa FM Monday, the self-styled NDC financier, even as the state appeals his acquittal and discharge on two counts of causing financial loss to the state and defrauding by false pretense, insisted that Mrs Marietta Brew-Oppong must either resign or step aside.

He disclosed that prior to being nominated for her current possition, the Attorney General and her firm benefitted from the 51million cedis judgment debt he (Woyome) was paid in 2010.

"I was served by a bailiff of the High Court, Mr Dzokoto, accompanied by three other staff from the Attorney General’s Department with a notice of appeal in the criminal case entitled the Republic vrs Alfred Agbesi Woyome which was decided yesterday in my favour.

"I was acquitted and discharged.

"In as much as I am not against the decision of the State to appeal, I am particularly against your conduct and public utterances during the trial and after the judgment.

I find it difficult to reconcile your decision to involve yourself directly in this criminal case and notice of appeal you have authorised to be issued and served on me.

…It is a fact that you and your clients received approximately $1 million equivalent in Ghana cedis from the said judgement debt you now so much criminalize and want me jailed for

"The Cedi equivalent was GHC 1,474,393.00 through an Agricultural Development Bank cheque number 727324 dated 06/10/11 in the joint names of Ray and Ingeborg Smith.

"Evidence of receipt of the payments was provided by your firm as an attachment to documents filed by your firm in another case between us in the High Court. I have attached a copy to this letter
," KABA host of Asempa FM's afternoon political show, "Ekosii Sen" read portions of the letter dated 13th March as follows.

But in a sharp riposte, the Attorney General fired back saying Mr Woyome's letter was "dishonest, unnecessary and meant to throw dust in the eyes of Ghanaians".

Mrs. Marietta Brew Appiah-Oppong stated on the same platform that the call for her head is illogical and so far as she has the support of the president, she will not kowtow to the whims and caprices of Mr. Woyome.

I’m not resigning, The letter is dishonest, unnecessary and an attempt to throw dust in the eyes of Ghanaians...I have not worked for Woyome before and I have the full backing of the President to do my job and I will continue to fight this case and take back the monies for the people of Ghana," she stressed and counseled Mr. Woyome to save his missiles “for the Court of Appeal”.


source:peacefmonline.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GHANAIAN SCHOOL GIRL COMMITS SUICIDE--KINGSLEY LOMOTEY WRITES